Spain – LaPrimitiva Information


La Primitiva is a very old Spanish lottery as its game history dates back to 1762. After being absent for almost a century, this Spanish lottery was re-launched in 1985, with the re-introduction of the lottery. This gave La Primitiva a new six from 49 lottery matrix paying out over 6.5 million USD in jackpot prizes every week and 1.4 billion USD in other cash prizes every year.

 
Hosted In Schedule Guess Range Jackpot Type Tax Requirements
Spain Thursday 21:30
Saturday 21:30
6/49 Cash About 20.00%
 

Prize Breakdown

Lottery Starts From: € 3,000,000
Graph image
*The overall odds of winning any prize in the game are approximately 1 in 10.
 

 

ABOUT LA PRIMITIVA

The La Primitiva lotto is an extremely old Spanish lottery. But with LWG you can take part in this great lottery from anywhere in the world! Every Thursday and Saturday the lottery is drawn in the city of Madrid.

HISTORY OF LA PRIMITIVA

La Primitiva means ‘the primitive one’ and it truly is, having been established in 1762 by the Marquis of Esquilache. This original game required players to choose 5 numbers from 1 to 90. In 1862, the lottery was banned by royal orders. Almost a hundred years later, the lottery was revived, when the Organismo Nacional de la Lotterias y Apuestas del Estado was established. The modern lottery takes the form of a 6/49 lottery.

In 2012, a new prize category was established. From then on, the first tier, or jackpot, prize was won with all 6 main numbers plus a Reintegro number. This number is randomly added to each ticket after purchase.

HOW TO PLAY LA PRIMITIVA

La Primitiva is played by choosing 6 numbers from 49. Players do not choose the Reintegro number. There is also another number, the Complementario, that is essential to the game. This number is the 7th number drawn in each draw. It is relevant to the 3rd tier prize, where players need 5 correct numbers plus a correct Complementario.

HOW TO PLAY LA PRIMITIVA WITH LWG

With LWG, you can play La Primitiva even if you do not live in Spain. All you need to do is click on PLAY for La Primitiva’s next draw. Then choose your 6 numbers from 1 to 49. Fill in up to 5 lines, or for a better chance at winning, choose up to 10 lines with the MORE LINES option. You can enter as many as 100 draws with LWG, saving on purchase costs as you place your ticket in more draws

LA PRIMITIVA SCHEDULE OF DRAWS

The La Primitiva lotto is drawn in Madrid every Thursday and Saturday night in studios at the headquarters of the State Lotteries (Lotterias y Apuestas del Estado). The draws take place at 9:30pm on both nights.

LA PRIMITIVA JACKPOT HISTORY

The Spanish government requires 70% of revenue from lotteries to be put into the prize fund of that particular lottery. This extremely high percentage means that players benefit from jackpots that grow very quickly, even when less tickets are sold than average. Not only this, but because there is no limit to how many times the jackpot can be rolled over before it is brought back to a minimum, there is potential for some huge amounts to be won.

This occurred in February 2014, after the jackpot had been rolled over 39 times. Two lucky players shared in a whopping €73 million! Now that is a life changing amount in anybody’s books! The second biggest amount to be won in the modern day version of the lottery was €32 million in 2013. In 2007, the third largest jackpot of €26 million was won by an individual from Monteagudo, Murcia. Two years earlier in 2005 some lucky person won €24.92 million. All of these lucky winners paid absolutely no tax on their winnings, and received their money as a lump sum payment of cash.

PICKING STRATEGIES FOR LA PRIMITIVA

Many people enjoy picking their own numbers when they play La Primitiva. While on occasion this may help with winning a prize in the lottery, these occasions are rare when numbers are based on family events or ages. It is statistically a much better option to use Quick Pick. When you click on QUICK PICK ALL, the computer will pick all of your lucky numbers randomly for you.

MOST FREQUENTLY DRAWN NUMBERS

If you are still set on the excitement of taking a guess, then take an educated guess. First of all, you need to take note of the most frequently drawn numbers in the lottery. They are 47, 39, 38, 3, 5, 6, 23 and 45.

On the other hand, avoiding the least frequent numbers is another strategy that is worthwhile. It may be a passive strategy, but it will help you win prizes in the La Primitiva lottery. Currently, the least frequent numbers are 20, 49, 8, 24, 12, 18, 32 and 43.

Just remember that although frequently drawn numbers are a great addition to your ticket, it is rare that they will all be drawn in one draw. Maybe put a few on each line of your ticket, or use some of each in a few draw entries.

HIGH:LOW NUMBER RATIOS

In most draws winning numbers are generally spread across the line, as opposed to being bunched at the low or high end. Draws that contain only numbers from one end the spectrum occur only 3% of the time. This means that 97% of the time, the numbers are a mixture of high and low numbers. In a lottery of 90 numbers, you should choose some numbers at between 1 and 45 and some between 46 and 90. The best ratios to use in order to win are 2:4, 4:2 and 3:3.

ODD:EVEN NUMBER RATIOS

In 81% of draws, there is a 2:4, 4:2 or 3:3 ratio of odd to even numbers. This means that choosing all odds or all evens is not the best idea if you want to win the jackpot. Another 16% of draws are made up of numbers with a 1:5 or 5:1 ratio. Under 3% of La Primitiva draws in modern times have ever contained all odd or all even numbers.